All praises and thanks be to Allah SWT. Abundant salutations be upon His and our beloved SAW.
Alhamdulillah, today marks another year older.
24 lessons for my 24 years from non other than momma bear.
1. Don't marry the first guy who comes along. Thanks mom💗
2. Take care of your teeth😁. Yep, I religiously go for those dental cleanings you're supposed to have every 6 -8 months.
3. Don't give a beggar cold food. Do you like cold food?
4. Do good to others and good will come to you, but not from the same people. So don't put that expectation on anyone.
5. Forgive and forget. Truly. I think this was passed down in my genes so thanks mom❤️
6. Don't ever think that you won't find someone better than the last. I always have. Fingers crossed🙏.
7. You're so eager to give but learn to ASK for favours from others. I'm still working on this one.
8. Look at the good in every situation. I have and will always remember her for this.
9. We don't have it that bad. We always say this to each other when we hear about other people's situations.
10. Say Alhamdulillah. Allah says that if you are grateful, I will increase you.
11. Buy a chocolate and write a card for someone who helped you out or gave you good service.
12. Care for your pets. Take the cat to the vet. Buy it toys and treats. Sometimes she cares more about my cat than me.
13. Genuinely be a nice person. Regardless. Especially when you could be nasty.
14. Drink room temperature or hot water, even at restaurants. I finally started maybe a year or two ago.
15. Eat fish, vegetables and soup. After some convincing I'll have a little.
16. The tidiness of your room affects your mental state i.e. Keep it tidy.
17. No. Means. No. The worst answer ever when you're a kid/ teen!!!
18. Your past doesn't define your future.
19. Don't wait for anyone – celebrate your own success!!
20. Smell every rose you pass by. Appreciate the little things in life.
21. Go to the masjid. My mother instilled the love of masājid in me. It's a shame that females are deprived from the house of Allah.
22. When you lose something, recite Surah Al-Dhuhaa. This was advice from Jeddah (my paternal granny), may Allah SWT grant her complete shifaa and sabr. Āmīn.
23. Education is the key to success. I'd add Islamic education.
24. Visit old people and take them something that they like. And honour the elderly. I'm named after my paternal grandmother purely out of my mother's choice.
That sums up 24 things I learned from my mother, but definitely not everything I learned.
May Allah SWT grant our mothers the life they deserve – in Jannatul Firdous without reckoning. Āmīn.
With best of du'as for your worldly and Hereafter success,