All Praises and thanks are due to Allah SWT. Abundant salutations be upon our beloved Nabi Muhammad SAW
Something I learned (from a YouTube video):
6 things to know before getting married:
1. Your husband will not make you happy. Sounds simple enough, but don’t put that expectation on him.
2. Allah is truly your only source of fulfilment.
3. You won’t magically mature after marriage. The person you are before marriage is the same person you’ll be after marriage, with the same struggles.
4. Cultivate more of a selfless, others-focused heart, instead of such an independent, self-focused mindset.
5. Domestic skills are extremely useful
6. Selflessness is the key to a vibrant marriage.
Something I contemplated
“marriage is a funny thing- it’s kind of like reallllllly yummmmy-looking cake- but when you bite into it, it’s not that yummy anymore… most people can live with it being unsoyummy and eat it still, while some will spit it out, or waste it.”
The above is a comment I read on one of dreamlife’s posts about marriage. It had me in stitches😂. I’m still on the side of marriage where it looks reallllllly yummmmy.
Something I experienced
(This one has nothing to do with marriage.) I played scrabble for class for the very first time! I’ve played Junior Scrabble before so this was the first time playing big people’s scrabble. We could only use words related to developmental psychology. Such a fun way to end off our term.
I’m pleased that I didn’t miss a single session of my 12-week module (Developmental Psychology B). *Pats myself on the back*
With best of du’as for your worldly and Hereafter success,