Muʿallimah ʿĀʾishah Abrahams is the first female in South Africa to complete the study and recitation of the Ten Qirāʾāt, receiving sanad and ijāzah for it.
I was blessed to have met and studied converational Arabic along with Haafidha A’ishah Abrahams, albeit for a short period of time (in 2012). What is so striking about her is her character, ma-sha-Allah. Everyone who has met her or knows her will agree. Her gracefulness, hayaa (modesty) and humility is truly exemplary. May Allah continue to bless her, keep her sincere and preserve her. Ameen.
Find below her impressive bio:
Name: ʿĀʾishah Abrahams
Father’s name: Ḥanīf Abrahams
Mother’s name: Kāmilah Davis Abrahams
Early studies: • Learnt to read Qurʾān by her parents
Higher Education: • Started ḥifṭḥ by Muʿallimah ʿĀʾishah Ceres. • Completed ḥifṭḥ by Muʿallimah Zāhidah Majiet in 2008.
• Islamic courses: 2008 – Completed ḥifṭḥ. 2009 – Started studies at DQA’s Qurrāʾ Development Programme and completed module one and two. 2009 – Received sanad and ijāzah for the Tuḥfah al-Aṭfal of Sulaymān Jamzūrī. 2009 to 2010 – Received sanad and ijāzah for the narration of Ḥafṣ via the ṭarīq of the Shāṭibiyyah. 2010 – Received sanad and ijāzah for the Jazariyyah, Bahjah al-Luḥḥaṭḥ of Sheikh Ibrāhīm Samannūdī and the text of Sheikh ʿĀmir Sayyid ʿUthmān for qaṣr of madd munfaṣil in the narration of Ḥafṣ. 2010 – Completed module three and four of DQA’s Qurrāʾ Development Programme. 2011 – Received sanad and ijāzah for narration of Ḥafṣ via the ṭuruq of the Ṭayyibah. 2011 – Completed module five and six of DQA’s Qurrā` Development Programme. 2010 to 2011 – Completed two year Diploma of Higher Islamic learning at Dār al- Naʿīm. 2011 – Received sanad and ijāzah for the Laʾāliʾ al-Bayān of Sheikh Ibrāhīm Samannūdī and for the Tibyān of Imam Nawawī. 2012 – Completed module seven of DQA’s Qurrāʾ Development Programme. 2012 – Received sanad and ijāzah from Moulana Salīm Gaibie for the book, Tajwīd Rules of the Qurʾān, by Sheikhah Kareema Carol Czerepinski. 2012 – Received sanad and ijāzah for the poems of Sheikh Saʿīd al-ʿAbd Allah and Zāyid al-Adhān on the ṭarīq of Miṣbāḥ for Ḥafṣ. 2012 – Received sanad and ijāzah from Moulana ʿAbd al-Raḥmān Khan for the 40 Hadith of Mullā ʿAli al-Qāriʾ on the Qurʾān. 2012 – Received sanad and ijāzah from Qāri Ayyūb Isḥāq for the Jazariyyah. 2012 – Completed the Qirāʾah of Abū ʿAmr al-Basrī. 2013 – Completed the narration of Qālūn and the Qirāʾah of Abū Jaʿfar. Qualifications:
• Completed the memorisation of the Qurʾān by Muʿallimah Zāhidah Majiet.
Received sanad and ijāzah from: • Sheikh ʿAbd al-Raḥmān Davids in: 1) The narration of Ḥafṣ via the Shāṭibiyyah and the Ṭayyibah. 2) The Muqaddimah al-Jazariyyah. 3) The Tuḥfah al-Aṭfāl. 4) The Bahjah al-Luḥḥāṭḥ of Samannūdī. 5) Text of Sheikh ʿĀmir in qaṣr of munfaṣil for Ḥafṣ. 6) The Qirāʾah of Abū ʿAmr al-Basrī. 7) The narration of Shuʿbah via the Shāṭibiyyah. 8) The narration of Qālūn via the Shāṭibiyyah. 9) The Qirāʾah of Abū Jaʿfar via the Durrah. 10)The Qirāʾah of Yaʿqūb via the Durrah. 11) The Qirāʾah of Khalaf al-ʿĀshir via the Durrah.
• Moulana Salīm Gaibie in: 1) The Seven Qirāʾāt via the Shāṭibiyyah. 2) The Shāṭibiyyah. 3) The Muqaddimah al-Jazariyyah. 4) Al-Laʾāliʾ al-Bayān of Samannūdī. 5) Tajweed Rules of the Qurʾān by Sheikhah Kareema Czerepinski. 6) Fatḥ al-Karīm al-Mannān of ʿAli al-Ḍabbāʿ.
• Qāri Ayyūb Isḥāq in: 1) The Jazariyyah.
• Sheikh Aḥmad ibn Muḥammad Saʿd al-Ḥasanī (Egypt) in: 1) The Tuḥfah. 2) The Jazariyyah. 3) The Salsabīl al-Shāfī. 4) The Shāṭibiyyah 5) The ʿAqīlah. 6) The Qirāʾah of Nāfiʿ via the Shāṭibiyyah. 7) The Qirāʾah of ʿĀṣim via the Shāṭibiyyah. 8) The narration of Khalaf via the Shāṭibiyyah.
• Dr ʿAbd Allah al-Jār Allah (Saudi) in: 1) Al-Laʾāliʾ al-Bayān of Samannūdī. 2) Ijāzah for some of his written works (munāwalah).
• Sheikh Abū Muḥammad Idrīs al-Shāfiʿī (Malawi) in: 1) The narration of Ḥafṣ. 2) Al-Tibyān fī ʿUlūm al-Qurʾān of Sheikh M. ʿAli Ṣābūnī. 3) Ṣafwah al-Tafāsīr of Sheikh M. ʿAli Ṣābūnī. 4) All Sheikh Ṣābūnī’s written works.
• Muʿallimah ʿĀʾishah Ceres – started ḥifṭḥ of the Qurʾān by her. • Muʿallimah Zāhidah Majiet – completed ḥifṭḥ of the Qurʾān by her.
• Moulana ʿAli Goder – studied Naḥw, Tarjamah, Mīrāth and ʿAqidah by him.
• Moulana Zahīr Parker – studied Ṣarf, Tarjamah, Ḥadīth, and Fiqh (Kitāb al- Ḥajj and Kitāb al-Ṣiyam) by him.
• Moulana Yūnus Keraan – studied Fiqh (Kitāb al-Ṭaharah, Kitāb al-Ṣalāh and Kitāb al-Janāʾiz), Muṣṭalaḥ al-Ḥadīth, Sīrah and Tarbiyah by him.
• Moulana Muḥammad Carr – studied Fiqh (Kitāb al-Bayʿ, Kitāb al-Nikāḥ, Kitāb al-Zakāh and Kitāb al-Jināyat) by him. • Moulana Salīm Gaibie – studied the Jazariyyah, Laʾaliʾ al-Bayān, Salsabīl al- Shāfī, Uṣul al-Qirāʾāt, and the textbooks of Sheikhah Kareema Carol Czerepinski – Tajwid rules of the Quran – by him. She also memorised the Shāṭibiyyah by him, as well as completed a khatm in the Seven Qirā’āt by him, receiving sanad and ijāzah from him.
• Sheikh ʿAbd al-Raḥmān Davids – recited the narration of Ḥafṣ and Shuʿbah via the Shāṭibiyyah, the narration of Ḥafṣ via the Ṭayyibah, the narration of Qālūn, the Qirāʾah of Abū ʿAmr Basrī and the Qirāʾah of Abū Jaʿfar to him. Also studied Murshid al-Qāri (book 1), the Tuḥfah, Bahjah al-Luḥḥaṭḥ, the text of Sheikh ʿĀmir ʿUthmān and Touḍīḥ al-Maʿālim li Ṭuruq Ḥafṣ by him.
• Sheikh Ismaʿīl Londt – studied Ṣarf and ʿUlūm al-Qurʾān by him. Completed the uṣūl of the Shāṭibiyyah by him.
• Sheikh Iḥsān Davids – studied Murshid al-Qāri (book 1) and the Tuḥfah by him. Learned how to combine the Seven Qirāʾāt by him. • Moulana ʿAbd al-Raḥmān Khan – studied Naḥw, the Tibyān of Imam Nawawī, and Fiqh (Kitāb al-Ṭaharah, Kitāb al-Ṣalāh and Kitāb al-Ṣiyām) by him. Currently studying Fiqh (Kitāb al-Zakāh) by him. • Sheikh Muḥammad Philander – studying Tarjamah by him. • Sheikh Hārūn Moos – memorised 17 ajzāʾ of the Qurʾān and studied maqāmāt by him. • Sheikh ʿAbd al-ʿAzīz Brown – studied maqāmāt by him. • Sheikh Iḥsān Abrahams – recited 19 and a half ajzāʾ for the narration of Ḥafṣ via the ṭarīq of the Rouḍah of Muʿaddil by him. • Sheikh Muḥammad Davids – studied ʿUlūm al-Qurʾān by him. • Moulana Yusri – studied Tarjamah (juz 1-5) by him. • Qāri Ayyūb Isḥāq – heard (samāʿ) the Jazariyyah being read to him. Received a written ijāzah from him for it. • Sheikh Aḥmad ibn Muḥammad Saʿd al-Ḥasanī – read sections of the Qurʿān to him in the narrations of Qālūn, Warsh, Khalaf, and the Reading of ʿĀṣim and received ijāzah from him. • Dr ʿAbd Allah al-Jār Allah – read al-Laʿāliʿ al-Bayān of Samannūdī to him from memory and received ijāzah for it. Also received some of his written works from him. • Sheikh Abū Muḥammad Idrīs al-Shāfiʿī – read sections from al-Tibyān fī ʿUlūm al-Qurʾān and Ṣafwah al-Tafāsīr of Sheikh M. ʿAli Ṣābūnī to him and received sanad and ijāzah for them. Also read a portion of the Qurʾān to him in the narration of Ḥafṣ and received ijāzah from him. Students: • Ṭāhirah Brown – completed the Qirāʾah of Abū ʿAmr Basri by her. She also read the Tuḥfah and the Jazariyyah to her and received sanad and ijāzah for all that she completed with Muʿallimah ʿĀʾishah. • Rāḍiyah Bawa – completed the Qirāʾah of Abū ʿAmr Basri by her and received sanad and ijāzah for it. • Anīsah Jabār – currently reading the narration of Ḥafṣ to her, as well as studying the Seven Qirāʾāt and the Shāṭibiyyah by her. She read the poems of Sheikh Shanqīṭī and Saʿīd ʿAbd Allah for the ṭarīq of Miṣbāḥ and received ijāzah for it. Written Works: • Ḥafṣ via the Ṭarīq of Miṣbāḥ – a translation and commentary on two poems, which discusses the narration of Ḥafṣ via the ṭarīq of Miṣbāḥ. Past and Current Activities: • Volunteer with Discover Islam’s Dawah Caravan. • Assisted with the Discover Islam’s ‚girl’s tarbiyah camp 2012-2013‛. • Assistant tutor at Dāral-Naʿīm. • Completed ten modules at the DQA’s Qurrāʾ Development Programme. • Had online classes teaching the Tuḥfah and the Jazariyyah. • Currently doing her third year at Dār al-Naʿīm. • Currently assists in teaching Tajwīd and Qirāʾāt at al-Tanzīl Institute of Quranic Sciences. Contact Details: Phone (h): (021) 761 1871 Phone (c): 083 2877 927 Email: email@example.com Source: Database of Quran Sanad Holders (2014 – 2015) by Al-Tanzil Institute of Quranic Sciences